I believe you will agree with me that life is never a straight line between two points. It meanders, bends and curves, it’s not just smooth sailing. Even in the pursuit of our dreams, there will always be challenges along the way.
When challenges come, we are tempted to give away our personal power. We resort to the familiar and the comfort of the known. We conjure up many “good reasons” of why we should give up on our dreams.
In the midst of this dilemma, we call friends and family who will project their fears, doubts and risk avoidance behaviours on us. In most cases, they do this from a good place because they want to protect us.
Th question I had to face several times in my journey towards my dreams that I encourage you to have top of mind is:
- whose truth are you prepared to sacrifice?
- If you say yes to a decision, are you not saying no to your dream?
You can regain and restore your personal power by:
- Keeping your flame burning. Never blow off the candle of your vision.
- Know that challenges are not unique to you.
- Look for examples of people who have conquered the perceivably impossible.
- Do away with “its impossible” from your vocabulary.
- Learn from your mistakes and turn them into fortunes.
Tex Hlalele is a speaker, life and business coach. He is the author of the book, Face the person in the mirror. Book Tex to help you and your team gain insights and possibilities for individual learning and organisational advancement on +2764 656 6174 or visit http://www.dreamsmadepossible.co.za/contact.html