“determination is doing what needs to be done even when you don’t feel like doing it” – Unknown
Often times, we find ourselves down, feeling like our efforts are in vain. The first temptation is to give up.
The last time I felt like giving up, I considered the story of Thomas Edison and I thought that he was an ordinary man who decided to do extraordinary things. One of his products was the electric light bulb developed after many trials and errors. This electric light bulb illuminates many homes today.
Find a vision that will illuminate your life and that of many because a vision is only true if it serves others.
Imagine had he given up, how many dreams would have been shuttered? Sheer determination kept him going. In his words he says, “our greatest weakness is giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time”.
Quitting can only serve to debilitate me and I am determined not to be a statistic at the grave side of have beens.
I am determined:
- to stay the course and see my goals come to life.
- to feel the fear and do it any way.
- to take massive action daily towards a life I deserve.
I invite you to do the following:
- write a note to yourself why you should stay the course and reach your dreams.
- compile a list of positive things you are determined to keep on doing no matter the challenges
- review this list every time the going gets tough
- course correct and hit the road to your dreams
Don’t let these principles become meaningless and just another read. Take massive action today. You cannot make this shift on your own, you need the support and guidance of a Coach. Tex Hlalele is a Life, Leadership and Business Coach, Author, Facilitator and Speaker. You can contact us http://www.dreamsmadepossible.co.za/contact.html