I am still mourning the passing of my mother who was laid to rest on the 3rd March 2018. Can you believe that my birthday was two days after her burial! I can tell you it was a strange one to celebrate.
As if that was not enough, a week later then kabooooommm, then events happened that precipitated the end of one significant chapter in my life, a very important part of me.
Let me tell you, life has to still go on.
I wonder what could have happened if I was not grounded and did not have clear a direction in life. I guess I would have defined any challenge that came why way as the end of life.
I did not (don’t get me wrong, I’m human) because I know my True North and that keeps me going.
Without a sense of meaning your life will be lost. The warning by Being Caballero is spot on: “man, just like a compass needle, will wobble before finding his true north”. Now my friend, I would not like you to wobble. My wish for you is to remain firmly grounded when the storms ravage and remain rooted when abundance visits your shores.
But here is the catch… you must discover and live your purpose.
Some people think that they still have time to sleep walk through life, hoping for that day when they are old enough to live their purpose.
Truth be told – no one of us can say with certainty that they know how long they will live on this earth.
The only thing we can do is to acknowledge that we have been gifted with life and we can return the favour to our Creator by living meaningfully.
It is a fallacy
- To believe that you will discover your purpose when you are old
- To believe that you can buy happiness
- To believe that the purpose of life is money
As Robin Sharma puts it, “the purpose of life is to live a purposeful life”.
I believe you can do this by working earnestly to make these 5 elements an integral part of your life:
1. Find your purpose: You have a specific mission to fulfil in life. This is something that gives you the reason to live.
2. Stay rooted in your values: Your values are your standards and principles of behaviour. It is your own judgement about what is important in life.
3. Face your limiting beliefs: Your life purpose will drift before your eyes until you man up or woman up and face the person in the mirror. You need to shake these limitations out of your psyche.
4. Define your personal brand: The adage that your future is in your hands has never been truer. Now that you have discovered your purpose, determine that which distinguishes you and maximise it.
5. Create a visual depiction of your future: Having your dreams and goals where you can see them helps you stay committed to the journey. Develop a vision board as it provides clarity and brings the law of attraction into focus.
I have created with you in mind, a workshop that will be facilitated in Gauteng and Free State Provinces. The workshop will distil these concepts and ensure that you leave with a blueprint of your life in your hand. To book your space at the workshop, send an email to email@example.com.
Think Big, Dream Wild & Prosper
Tex Hlalele is a life and business coach and inspirational speaker. He is the author of the book, Face The Person In The Mirror.
Book coaching and speaking engagements by calling +27 64 6566174 or visit http://bit.ly/dreamsmadepossible.
If you liked this piece, please sign up to receive email correspondence that will come to you once a week.