During December of 2013, I was reflecting on how I performed against my goals and started planning for the year ahead.
I reflected on what I had achieved in my entire life to that day. I was quite satisfied with almost all areas of my life. However, there was this nagging feeling that I was punching below my weight, given what I knew I could do.
I was convinced that I could do more, play in the A game and contribute better to mankind. In 2015, I registered a company called Dream Made Possible because I truly believe that, if you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
Dreams are possible if you place all your energies, focus and effort to back them.
I believed I can make a difference in the lives of many people by sharing my life experiences, joys and pains. I had a desire to help others out of their misery.
I thought of various ways of turning this desire into reality. A weekly blog was born, and a book called Face The Person In The Mirror was launched on the 25th November 2017 .
It is a book about self-reflection, reclaiming your purpose so that you can start living your life living. I encourage you to dive deep inside yourself to start living your life authentically.
The book is built on 5 principles:
- Never live on a borrowed identity: You will never enjoy your life if you continue to sell your soul to the whim of others. Success and fulfilment are only possible if you take out of you what God has put inside.
- Time and focus equals a balanced life: Once you are clear about what your identity is, your life will start to have meaning. Your identity will inform your goals and your goals will define the activities that you spend your time on.
- Develop a burning desire to succeed: In this chapter I emphasise that success and obstacles are two sides of the same coin. Because obstacles precede success, you need to be prepared to go through the obstacles before you can reach success.
- Invest in Yourself: You can only be better tomorrow if you invest in your own self development today. Self investment increases your value in the market but most importantly it increases your self worth.
- How do you want to be remembered: By living the four principles above, you are already imprinting your legacy today. We need to break the vicious cycle of mediocrity and leave a solid foundation for future generations.
One of the readers summarised the book as “a book for people who desire to attain self mastery and lead authentic lives. It cuts across all audiences”
As Napoleon Hill once stated, “whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve”. Imagine if many of us could conceive and believe, how lives could be rescued and turned around. We have what it takes, what we need to do is to face the person in the mirror and live authentically.
Order the book directly with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 064 656 6174.
Think Big, Dream Wild & Prosper